If your WaterGuru SENSE is no longer connected to your Wi-Fi network, follow these steps to reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network:
Before starting troubleshooting, ensure that you have an extra set of Energizer or Duracell batteries available.
- Take the device out of the skimmer
- Take the device into an area close to the pool that is not overly lit, so you can see the battery lights upon boot-up
- Place the device on a flat surface and push down on the outer ring to open the device
- Remove all 4 batteries and wait about 30 seconds - to allow full discharge
- After 30 seconds, replace all 4 batteries and observe the multi-colored lights to the side of the top battery compartment (SENSE S1) or in the hanging sensor unit (SENSE S2) that will blink on and off for several seconds and then stop
- The device is now broadcasting it's BLE Bluetooth Low Energy address
- Note: The lights should blink on and off brightly. If the lights are not bright or do not blink at all, replace the batteries. Weak batteries are a common cause of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity failures.
- Close the battery compartment
- Force close the WaterGuru app on your phone if it is running
- On your phone, disable Bluetooth
- On your phone, enable Bluetooth
- Launch the WaterGuru App
If you have made no changes to your original Wi-Fi network, your device should connect to the network again and will be online. You can replace the SENSE device in the skimmer.
If you are still not online, do the following steps in the WaterGuru App
- Approach the location where the SENSE is installed and be within 6 feet of the device
- Tap the Gear icon (Settings) in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Change Wi-Fi Settings
- Scanning for networks will appear.
- Tap to select your Wi-Fi network
- Enter the password
- Tap Join
- Tap Continue
- You are now connected
If you have completed the above troubleshooting steps and still see the error message, there may be an issue with your device, please click here to submit a Support Request and we will respond.
You can also contact us by phone Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 6:00pm PST at 1-844-989-4878. WaterGuru Support can check your device remotely for further troubleshooting.