"No Connection" Alert means that your SENSE is no longer connected to your Wi-Fi network. If your WaterGuru SENSE is no longer connected to your Wi-Fi network, follow these steps to reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network:
- Take the device out of the skimmer
- Take the device into an area close to the pool that is not overly lit, so you can see the battery lights upon boot-up
- Place the device on a flat surface and push down on the outer ring to open the device
- Remove all 4 batteries and wait about 30 seconds - to allow full discharge
- After 30 seconds, replace all 4 batteries and observe the multi-colored lights to the side of the battery compartment that will blink on and off for several seconds and then stop
- The device is now broadcasting it's BLE Bluetooth Low Energy address
- Close the battery compartment
- Force close the WaterGuru app on your phone if it is running
- On your phone, disable Bluetooth
- On your phone, enable Bluetooth
- Launch the WaterGuru App
If you have made no changes to your original Wi-Fi network, your device should connect to the network again and will be online. You can replace the SENSE device in the skimmer.
If you are still not online, do the following steps in the WaterGuru App
- Approach the location where the SENSE is installed and be within 6 feet of the device
- Tap the Gear icon (Settings) in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Change Wi-Fi Settings
- Scanning for networks will appear.
- Tap to select your Wi-Fi network
- Enter the password
- Tap Join
- Tap Continue
- You are now connected
Changes were made to your network router configuration and/or location
- If you installed a new Wi-Fi router or new Wi-Fi range extender that has a different Network SSID and/or Network Password
- How to resolve: Pair the SENSE to the new Wi-Fi router or the new Wi-Fi range extender Here's how!
- If you reconfigured the existing Wi-Fi router or Wi-Fi range extender with a different Wi-Fi security protocol and/or different Network SSID and/or Network password -
- How to resolve: Pair the SENSE to the newly configured Wi-Fi router or range extender. Here's how!
- If you moved the existing router and/or Wi-Fi range extender to a different location
- How to resolve: Move the router and/or Wi-Fi range extender to the old location. Ensure that the Router and/or Wi-Fi range extender has a clear path (line of sight) preferably through a window to the location of the WaterGuru SENSE.
Note: When attempting to pair to the new network or newly configured network, if you see the error message: "Connection failed. Connection to Wi-Fi failed, please try again" follow this TROUBLESHOOTING.