If your WaterGuru SENSE stops performing daily water measurements, you should first check Supply Levels and Battery Strength before troubleshooting.
- Launch the app and scroll down to Supply Levels and Battery Strength
- If Supply Levels show 0 left, it is time to change the cassette.
- Always check to see that the unit has a cassette inserted and that the cassette is fully inserted
- Note: After you insert a new cassette, be sure to go to App, tap on Replace Cassette and select "Replaced". Supply levels will be updated in the App after the next scheduled water measurement.
- Check the Battery Strength, it should show at 50% or higher. Weak batteries may not be able to power the motor that turns the pads in the SENSE Cassette causing "Measurement failed" errors.
- Winter usage: If you choose to keep your SENSE in the pool skimmer during the winter when the pool water temperature may dip into the 50's or 40's, you will need to change the batteries more frequently.
- If the batteries are weak and the SENSE is in very cold water, you may experience failed measurements and/or Wi-Fi network disconnects.
Optical Window obstructed
Daily water measurements can also stop if something is blocking the optical window of the SENSE lab unit (suspended in the water skimmer) preventing the unit from reading the pads correctly.
Perform the following troubleshooting:
- Remove the SENSE from the skimmer
- If you are using a mesh bag, remove the mesh bag. The mesh bag is no longer required unless your pool skimmer regularly fills up with a lot of fine particulate matter and you do not clean the pool skimmer on a regular basis.
- Remove the cassette from the SENSE lab unit
- Check the bottom of the lab unit for any debris. If there is any debris, remove it
- Using a clean cotton cloth, wipe the optical window clean
- Replace the cassette so that it is fully inserted
- Replace the SENSE in the skimmer ensuring that the metal strip on the lab unit is pointing toward the pool and not toward the back of the skimmer
Ensure the water pump is turned on and do a "Measure Now" in the app. If you are within 6-10 feet of the SENSE, the measurement will complete in about 13 minutes. If you are not within 6-10 feet of the SENSE, the measurement will complete in about 45 minutes.
If you have completed the above troubleshooting steps, and are still experiencing problems with daily water measurements, there may be a problem with your device, click here to submit a Support Request
You can also contact us by phone Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 6:00pm PST at 1-844-989-4878. WaterGuru Support can check your device remotely for further troubleshooting.