Skimmer Flow Low Alert - WaterGuru SENSE
If you are getting a Skimmer Flow Low Alert for your WaterGuru Sense, this is an indication that the water flow in the skimmer is too low for the Water Measurement to measure your water correctly. Water circulation is essential for a healthy pool. WaterGuru hasn’t detected sufficient flow through the skimmer. Here is how to resolve the situation:
- Are you using a mesh bag? Remove the mesh bag.
- Is WaterGuru Sensor upright in your skimmer basket?
- Is there debris in the skimmer basket?
- Does the skimmer basket contain devices other than the WaterGuru SENSE?
- Is the water level in your pool to the middle of the skimmer opening?
- Is the pump schedule set for moderate-to-high speed for at least 2 hours every day?
If you have addressed the above issues, and are still experiencing Skimmer Flow Low Alerts, try removing the mesh bag, ensuring that there is no debris in the skimmer basket.
Variable Speed pump
If you are using a Variable Speed pump do the following:
- Consult the user manual of your Variable Speed pump, most user manuals can be found online
- As an example, here is the user manual for the WhisperFlo® VST Variable Speed Pool Pump
- Default Configuration - Check the Default Configuration of your variable speed pump. The default configuration of most variable speed pumps is set to a high pump flow during the first 2 hours of operation.
- Custom Configuration - If you are using a Custom Configuration, ensure that the variable speed pump is set to a high flow ~20-25gpm during the first 2 hours of operation. Note: You may need to contact the manufacturer of your variable speed pump for guidance.
- Set the measurement time for the WaterGuru to do it's daily measurement to 1/2 hour after the start of pump flow activation during the first 2 hours of operation.
- Please contact Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to configure the DeltaF threshold for skimmer flow low alerts to be suppressed
Please sign in to leave a comment.