Before you start, remember you must perform setup when you are within Bluetooth range (within 6 feet) of your SENSE.
EXISTING USERS - SETTING UP A NEW DEVICE:
If you are an existing WaterGuru customer who has already activated a SENSE or a TREAT device and are setting up a SENSE device for a new pool, do the following:
Instructions for Existing WaterGuru Customers setting up a SENSE
- Launch the WaterGuru App on your phone
- At the top middle portion of the screen, tap the drop-down arrow to the right of the name of your pool
- Tap Add Device
- At the Pool Selection screen, "Are you setting up the device in an existing pool or a new pool"
- Select New if you are setting up another SENSE in new pool
- Select REPLACE if you are setting up a replacement SENSE
- Follow the instructions to activate the SENSE
Instructions for New WaterGuru Customers setting up a SENSE
Here's how to setup and connect the SENSE to your Wi-Fi network!
Download and install the WaterGuru App and create your Account
- Download the WaterGuru app from the Apple App store or Google Play
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone (Bluetooth must be enabled or you will not be able to complete the initial pairing of the device from the WaterGuru app)
- Create a WaterGuru Account - you'll need to provide your email address and First and Last name
- After your account has been created, we will send you an email with the subject "Your WaterGuru Verification code" - Note: You may need to check your "Other" folder, Junk Mail folder or Spam folder if the email is not in your regular email Inbox.
- On the app, enter the 6-digit verification code
- After your email account has been verified, you will be prompted: "Add Pool? No pools or devices have been added to this account. You may add a new pool, or use profile to sign into a different account that has that pool".
- Tap Add Pool
Add Batteries and Cassette
Important: Watch this video that shows how to open the SENSE!
- At the Setup Water Guru screen, perform the following steps:
- Add the batteries and cassette to the SENSE and only if provided you can place the cartridge in the mesh bag. Note: The use of the mesh bag is no longer required.
- Tap Save & Continue
- The check box next to Add Batteries + Cassette will now be checked
- Place in a mesh bag - will appear
- Tap Save & Continue
- The check box next to Place in mesh bag will now be checked
- Place the SENSE unit in your skimmer
- Tap Save & Continue
- The check box next to Place SENSE in Skimmer will now be checked
- At the Is your device in the Skimmer screen, tap Yes
- Tap Save and Continue
- The message "Your WaterGuru is setup, let's activate it now" will appear
- Tap Activate SENSE
Name your Pool
- At the Activate WaterGuru "Name your Pool" screen enter a descriptive name for the pool.
- Tap Save & continue
Connect SENSE to Wi-Fi
- At the Activate Guru Set up Wi-Fi (Requires Bluetooth) screen, tap Save & Continue
- Android - The message "WaterGuru would like to use Bluetooth" will appear. Tap OK
- Android - If Bluetooth is disabled, the message "Turn on Bluetooth to Allow WaterGuru to connect to accessories" will be displayed
- iOS - If Bluetooth is disabled, the message "Bluetooth Error - Bluetooth must be on and privacy settings must allow WaterGuru to use Bluetooth" will be displayed
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled in Settings on your phone. Once Bluetooth has been enabled, tap OK if prompted
- Tap Save & continue
- "Hold tight, we are looking for your WaterGuru device" will be displayed
- Note: If the message "No WaterGuru devices found" appears, ensure that the batteries are installed and that you have enabled Bluetooth on your phone and that you are within 6 feet of the SENSE device. Note: You may need to disable / enable Bluetooth on your phone in order for Bluetooth pairing to initiate.
- Once the App has found your device, the following message will appear "Good news! We found your WaterGuru", please select below.
- Tap the name of the WaterGuru device which will appear as: WaterGuru:X1X234
- Scanning for Wi-Fi Networks will appear
- Note: If the message "Wi-Fi Scan Error - Please try again" appears, tap OK. Hit the back button until you reach the "Name your Pool" screen and try again
- At the Wi-Fi connection screen, under "Choose a Network", a list of the SSIDs of compatible 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi networks will appear.
- Note: If your home Wi-Fi network SSID does not appear, this could be an indication that your Wi-Fi network is either located too far away from the SENSE, in which case you will need to purchase a Wi-Fi range extender, you have disabled 2.4Ghz broadcast on your router, in which case you will need to enable 2.4Ghz on your router.
- If you don't see your network name, refresh the screen by pulling down from the top of the app.
- If you continue to not see your network and you have enabled 2.4Ghz broadcast on your router, you will need to purchase a Wi-Fi range extender.
- When you see your network SSID, tap on the network name
- At the Enter Password screen, carefully enter the password for your network and tap the check box next to "Remember Network and Password"
- Tap Join
- If you have entered an incorrect password, the following message will appear: "Connection failed. Connection to Wi-Fi failed, please try again" Please re-check the password and enter it again.
- If your SENSE device is located too far away from the network and the signal is too weak, the same error message will appear: "Connection failed. Connection to Wi-Fi failed, please try again". Try repeating the process again. If you continue to receive this error message, you will need to purchase a Wi-Fi range extender.
- If you have verified that you are entering the correct password and that you have good Wi-Fi signal where your WaterGuru SENSE is located but you still get the error "Connection failed. Connection to Wi-Fi failed, please try again", reboot your phone and launch the WaterGuru App to start the process over again. Rebooting the phone will reboot your phone's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings.
- Once the device is paired to your network, you will see a "check" box next to the Wi-Fi network name
- Tap Continue
- Tap Save & Continue at the Complete Setup screen
- "Your first measurement will start automatically in a few seconds" will be displayed briefly
- The WaterGuru Home screen is displayed
- Note: It can take up to 12 minutes to perform the first measurement
- SENSE will work the best if you have at least 2 bars of Wi-Fi strength.
- If the SENSE can not detect Wi-Fi then you will need to setup a Wi-Fi range extender.
- Wi-Fi extender should be located higher to create a line of sight.
WaterGuru Setup Instructions Video