The WaterGuru TREAT has a Sensor that is suspended by a cable beneath the SENSE skimmer cover. This error "Sensor not in Water" usually is displayed if the Sensor is not completely immersed in the water.
Perform the following troubleshooting:
- Ensure that there is no debris in the Skimmer
- Press in the tab on the top back of the TREAT to release the top lid
- Lift the the lid and let it hang down from the side of the TREAT
- Lift the C-shaped handle to its fully opened position
- Using the handle, lift the TREAT to remove it from the Skimmer
- Place the TREAT on the pool deck
- Clean the skimmer of any debris
- Using the handle, lift the TREAT to move it it from the pool deck to the Skimmer
- While you are placing the TREAT over the Skimmer, check to ensure that the Flow Sensor that is suspended by a cable is completely immersed in the water
- Ensure the TREAT is over the Skimmer
- Turn on your pool pump to the highest speed
- Using the handle, lift up the TREAT the skimmer enough to see if the water level in the skimmer drops with the higher pool pump speed
- If this is the case, reduce the pool pump speed to a lower speed.
- At the lower speed, ensure that the Flow sensor is immersed in the water
- Close the handle so that it is flush with the top of the TREAT
- Close the Lid, inserting the lower end first and then the higher end
- Note: If the water level in your pool has changed and is lower than normal preventing the Flow Sensor from being immersed in water, you will need to ensure that the water level is raised to a level where the Flow Sensor is immersed.