The Flow Sensor of the TREAT is calibrated during manufacturing for an ideal flow rate of 10 gallons per minute in the skimmer.
The water flow pattern in each pool skimmer can vary. Before each measurement is performed, the TREAT self-calibrates whereby the flow sensor is heated slightly for several seconds. After the flow sensor is heated, the time for the flow sensor to cool down again is then measured. If the flow sensor cools down quickly, that means the water flow is at maximum and that it's the ideal time to start the measurement.
Please make sure that the sensor is freely suspended in the skimmer and not backed up against the pool wall to register water flow. Also, ensure that the measurement time on the app is set when your pool pump is at maximum speed.
Perform the following troubleshooting:
- Ensure that the pool pump is running and that there is water flow in the skimmer
- Remove the TREAT from the skimmer
- Reboot the TREAT unit by removing and re-installing batteries
- Clean the skimmer of any debris
- Run a manual measurement from the WaterGuru App while the pool pump is engaged.
If you have completed the above troubleshooting steps and you're still getting the "Flow Sensor Problem" alert on the App, please contact WaterGuru Support (email@example.com) Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM PST. WaterGuru Support can check your device remotely for further troubleshooting.