If you are attempting to pair the WaterGuru SENSE to your Wi-Fi network and see the error message, "Connection failed. Connection to Wi-Fi failed", this is an indication of one of two things or a combination:
You are entering the incorrect Wi-Fi password
- Verify the Wi-Fi password
- Use a Tablet or another phone
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Locate the Wi-Fi network and select "Forget network"
- Re-scan on the Tablet or phone for Wi-Fi networks
- Locate your Wi-Fi network and carefully enter the Wi-Fi password
- If you fail to authenticate, then you are entering the wrong password.
- Ask the network administrator for the correct Wi-Fi password
- Enter the correct Wi-Fi password and pair your SENSE.
Your Wi-Fi network router is located too far away from the SENSE
- Carefully remove the SENSE from the skimmer. You may need to locate a towel or paper towels to dry off water from the sensor and cable.
- Take the SENSE closer to the location of the house where the Wi-Fi network router is located.
- In the app, go back to the step to where the app is looking for the SENSE using Bluetooth: "Hold tight, we are looking for your WaterGuru device"
- Once the App has found your device, the following message will appear "Good news! We found your WaterGuru", please select below.
- Tap the name of the WaterGuru device which will appear as: WaterGuru:X1X234
- Scanning for Wi-Fi Networks will appear
- Note: If the message "Wi-Fi Scan Error - Please try again" appears, tap OK. Hit the back button until you reach the "Name your Pool" screen and try again
- At the Wi-Fi connection screen, under "Choose a Network", a list of the SSIDs of compatible 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi networks will appear.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi network name appears.
- Tap on the network name and enter the password
- You should connect successfully.
- Take the unit out to the location of the pool and place it in the skimmer
- The device should check in and perform it's first Measurement and report that information to the cloud
- If the device experiences issues connecting far away from the router, you will need to purchase a Wi-Fi Range extender.
What is a Wi-Fi Range Extender?
- A Wi-Fi Range extender or repeater boosts the signal of the Home Wi-Fi network to allow the WaterGuru device to connect and stay connected.
- A Wi-Fi Range extender contains two wireless routers, similar to the wireless router you already have in your home or office. One of these wireless routers picks up the signal from your existing home Wi-Fi network. It then transfers the signal to the other wireless router, which transmits the boosted signal.
- Ideally a Wi-Fi range extender should be located mid-way between the location of your WaterGuru device and your Wi-Fi router. However, a Wi-Fi range extender may be placed in the area closest to a window that overlooks the pool.
- Good quality Wi-Fi range extenders can be purchased at inexpensive prices. Enter “Wi-Fi range extender” at Amazon.com and Search. The “Best Seller” and “Amazon Choice” options are both available for under $30.
NOTE: If you have verified that you are entering the correct password and that you have good Wi-Fi signal where your WaterGuru SENSE is located but you still get the error "Connection failed. Connection to Wi-Fi failed, please try again", reboot your phone and launch the WaterGuru App to start the process over again. Rebooting the phone will reboot your phone's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings