If you get a "Check Cassette" Alert in the WaterGuru app, it means that one or more of the following is occurring:
- The cassette is missing - There is no cassette loaded
- The cassette is loose or not fully inserted - You should hear a snap when the cassette is fully loaded
- The cassette is empty - The cassette has exhausted the 170 pads or the cloud is reporting "empty"
- An error occurred when reading the cassette chemistry pads
- Check to see if a cassette is loaded
- If a cassette is not loaded, insert a cassette.
- Tap Supply Levels in the app
- Update Supply Levels to show that you added a new cassette
- Check to see that the cassette is inserted completely.
- Take the cassette out and re-insert it.
- Check to see if there is debris in the bottom part of the unit where the cassette pads read the water sample.
- Take the cassette out, remove any debris at the bottom of the cassette well.
- Using a soft cloth, wipe the optical window (shown in the image below on the right-side) clean in the Sensor unit at the bottom of the cassette well.
- Reinsert the cassette
- If you are using a mesh bag
- Tie the bag around the cable such that no debris enters the Sensor unit and the cassette. Small debris such as insects, sand, soil, etc. can get in the optical path and result in incorrect readings.
Place the Sensor unit back in the skimmer with the cover on top of the skimmer.
If the issue persists, you may also contact WaterGuru Customer Support at email@example.com WaterGuru Support can check the unit remotely for you.