If you get a "Check Cassette" Alert in the WaterGuru app, it means that one or more of the following is occurring:
- The cassette is missing - No cassette is loaded
- The cassette is loose or not fully inserted - You should hear a snap when the cassette is fully loaded
- The cassette is empty - The cassette has exhausted the 170 pads or the cloud is reporting "empty"
- An error occurred when reading the cassette chemistry pads
- Check to see if a cassette is loaded
- If a cassette is not loaded, insert a cassette.
- Tap Supply Levels in the app
- Update Supply Levels to show that you added a new cassette
- Check to see that the cassette is inserted completely.
- Take the cassette out and re-insert it.
- Check to see if there is debris in the bottom part of the unit where the cassette pads read the water sample.
- Take the cassette out, remove any debris at the bottom of the cassette well.
- Using a soft cloth, wipe the optical window (shown in the image below on the right-side) clean in the Sensor unit at the bottom of the cassette well.
- Reinsert the cassette
- If you are using a mesh bag
- Remove the mesh bag. WaterGuru has determined that the use of the mesh bag is no longer required. WaterGuru stopped shipping SENSE devices with the mesh bag in late Spring 2022.
Place the Sensor unit back in the skimmer with the cover on top of the skimmer.
You can also contact us by phone Monday to Friday from 9:00am - 6:00pm PST at 1-844-989-4878. WaterGuru Support can check your device remotely for further troubleshooting.