WaterGuru SENSE will automatically measure your pool's Free Chlorine (FC) and pH levels once per day.
WaterGuru TEST will measure small samples of your pool water you send in the mail to determine the following additional water chemistry parameters:
- Total Alkalinity (TA)
- Calcium Hardness (CH)
- Cyanuric Acid (CYA) aka stabilizer or conditioner
WaterGuru will analyze the TEST results and provide you with calculated estimates of the above parameters in between WaterGuru SENSE measurements and will tell you what additional chemicals you need to add or actions you need to take including the following:
- Adding baking soda to raise the Total Alkalinity.
- This will occur more when "Drop pH" acid consumption is higher such as when your pool is uncovered and has aeration features (waterfalls, spillovers, fountains, saltwater chlorine generator).
- Adding Dichlor to raise the Cyanuric Acid (also raises the chlorine level).
- The CYA level will slowly drop over time and Dichlor dissolves quickly and also supplements chlorine reducing the rate of CH increase from the WaterGuru chlorine product (Cal-Hypo).
In addition, there are responsibilities you need to continue to do yourself including the following:
- Removing debris from your pool sweep/cleaner bag, your skimmer basket, and your pump strainer/basket.
- Cleaning or backwashing your pool filter.
- Brushing your pool wall and floor surfaces.
- Setting your pump runtime with moderate-to-high flow for at least 2 hours per day.