If you plan to close your pool during the winter season, you should remove and store the WaterGuru Sense.
To store the WaterGuru SENSE device during the winter season or if not being used, follow these steps:
- Remove the batteries
- Reinstall the batteries when you plan on using the WaterGuru SENSE again in your pool
- Remove and dispose of the cassette - Once the cassette has been exposed to water, the pads will lose their ability to test if dried out and stored for an extended period
- Reinstall a new cassette when you plan on using the WaterGuru SENSE again in your pool
- Ensure that the device is dry and devoid of water
- Store it in a non-freezing dry place (>50°F)
Do I need to change anything in the WaterGuru App?
- No. As soon as the batteries are deleted, the SENSE device will go Offline since it is no longer connected to Wi-Fi. The WaterGuru app will display "No connection for XXX days".
- When you re-open the pool again next season, just put the batteries back in.
- The device will re-connect to your Wi-Fi network (Unless you have changed your router, SSID, Network Password, etc.)
- If you have changed your Wi-Fi network connection, simply tap Settings > Change Wi-Fi Settings
- Tap on the name of the SSID of your Wi-Fi network and enter the password
Note: It is advisable to remove the WaterGuru SENSE when the water temperature drops below 55°F.