If you receive an error message referencing a "Scan Error", it is most likely due to bad protocol that was established during pairing between the Sense and the WaterGuru app on the phone. This problem usually can be resolved by doing the following
- Restart the phone and wait about 10 minutes before trying pairing again
- If you don't want to wait 10 minutes, just remove and re-install the batteries and try pairing again
If the above steps do not work, do the following:
First Time WaterGuru Sense Network pairing:
- Instead of doing the Sense pairing at the pool, perform the Sense pairing next to your router
Previously paired devices:
- Remove the WaterGuru Sense from the skimmer, and move it next to the modem/router
- Contact WaterGuru Customer Support.
- Customer Support will check for a cloud update using their Opsguru tool
- If Customer Support advises you that there is no cloud update, replace the batteries and attempt to pair again.
- If still unable to pair, you can try connecting the SENSE to another network
- Ask a friend or a family member to create a Mobile Hotspot on their phone.
- Repeat the steps and connect to the Mobile Hotspot
- If you are able to connect to the phone's Mobile Hotspot, but not to your own network, that is an indication that you have either changed routers or you no longer have a dedicated 2.4Ghz connection.
- You may need to contact the manufacturer of your modem / router for assistance.