When it is time to replace the WaterGuru SENSE batteries, these messages will be displayed in the App:
- Replace Batteries Soon - This is an indication that there is 33.3% battery strength left
- Replace Batteries Now - This is an indication that there is 16.7% or less battery strength left
Follow the steps below to replace the WaterGuru SENSE batteries.
Note: After replacing the batteries, the battery strength will be updated after the SENSE completes its next day's water measurement.
SENSE S1 / SENSE S2 Battery Replacement
- The Battery compartment is located inside the WaterGuru SENSE skimmer cover.
- Remove SENSE from your skimmer.
- Wipe away all the moisture with a cloth. It’s important to keep moisture out of the battery compartment to avoid corrosion.
- Place the unit on a dry towel on a flat surface, logo side up, and firmly press down on the outer ring (see the video below). Note: It does take a very firm downward press to break the vacuum seal to separate the outer ring.
- The outer ring will disengage from the inner part of the unit, revealing the waterproof battery compartment.
- Place the inner part logo side down. Remove the old batteries. Safely dispose of the batteries.
- Insert 4 new C size batteries.
- WaterGuru recommends the purchase of long life Duracell or Energizer Alkaline batteries.
- WaterGuru does not recommend the use of any other type of batteries.
- Reconnect the inner part with the outer part. Press together firmly to ensure both sections are fully connected.
- Ensure that the tether cable is not sandwiched between the two parts, you can do that by pulling the cable through to bring the two parts together.
- The batteries are secured when the two parts are engaged. (The small gap between the two parts is a design feature and not a defect.)
- The LED lights in the bottom sensor unit (SENSE S2) or the top LED lights in the battery compartment (SENSE S1) will flash on and off indicating that unit has turned on.
- The LED lights will then turn off indicating that the SENSE is broadcasting Bluetooth BLE
- Place the lower Sensor unit back in the skimmer with the SENSE cover on top of the skimmer
SENSE GEN ONE 2020 Model Battery Replacement
- The Battery replacement process for the SENSE GEN ONE 2020 Model is the same as the above battery replacement process for the SENSE S1
NOTE: THIS VIDEO IS FOR THE OLDER 2020 GEN ONE SENSE MODEL